Sunday, March 05, 2006

Gunflint Lodge

Good Morning from Sue!

Yesterday I was out skiing the Ham Lake cross country ski trail on Saturday with my friend Fran. Now the Olympic skiers have nothing to fear from Fran and I. In fact, we fall into the "slow" class of skiers.

My point is, however, the quality of the ski trails. They are beautiful!! Those of you who live south of us and have given up on winter are missing some of the best skiing days of this winter. All the trails were freshly groomed with crisp tracks on white trails that were fully covered with snow everywhere. The sun was out and you could comfortably ski without layers and layers of clothing on. It was so warm that we looked forward to the cooling breezes and the shady spots.

So if there is anyway you can get up to your favorite Gunflint Trail ski spot, don't hesitate to go. If you don't know where to go, I bet you already know my suggestion. After a horrible winter for skiers in southern Minnesota, this is a great chance for all of you to get in some quality skiing.

Sue Kerfoot

No comments: